Naples Beach Hotel Beachfront Wedding
Wedding Checklist Planner
Whether you want a casual, formal, intimate or festive Florida wedding on the beach, The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club is the ideal Florida beachfront resort you’ve always dreamed of.
As the engagement high starts to wear off, the task of actually planning one of the biggest events of your life may seem quite daunting.
Take a deep breath, we are here to help!
We have assembled a checklist to help you, starting with right after your engagement!
12 MONTHS BEFORE
- □ Announce your engagement
- □ Arrange both sets of parents to get together
- □ Decide on a date
- □ Discuss your budget with everyone contributing to the event
- □ Interview wedding planners/wedding venues
- □ Pick the ceremony and dinner site
- □ Work on the guest list to get a rough count
6-9 MONTHS BEFORE
- □ Choose your wedding party
- □ Enroll in a bridal-gift registry
- □ Shop for your gown
- □ Pick bridal attendants’ dresses
- □ Choose a photographer/videographer
- □ Hire a florist
- □ Choose an officinal
- □ Book the musician or DJ
4-6 MONTHS BEFORE
- □ Buy wedding invitations, envelopes, thank you cards, etc
- □ Order the wedding gown
- □ Shop for the cake
- □ Scout accommodations for your out-of- town guests (most hotels give a reduced rate for group room blocks)
- □ Complete the guest list (assume 20% will not attend)
- □ Send out save-the-date letters
- □ Call county clerk’s office for marriage license requirements
- □ Order tuxedos from the groom and groomsmen
- □ Get a blood test if needed for the marriage license
- □ Make honeymoon reservations. Compile all necessary documents (passports, visa, etc.)
- □ Meet with the caterer or banquet manager to discuss menus, service style, wine lists, etc.
- □ Order the wedding cake
- □ Select approved ceremony music
- □ Pick the reception music
- □ Buy thank you gifts for the attendants.
- □ Shop for the wedding bands
- □ Meet with party or rental companies if necessary
- □ Arrange for the rehearsal dinner
4-8 WEEKS BEFORE
- □ Mail the invitations eight weeks ahead of the date
- □ Do hair and makeup run through (with headpieces)
- □ Book your favorite beauty pros for the big day
- □ Make insurance policy changes you’ll need post-wedding
2-3 WEEKS BEFORE
- □ Make the seating chart for the reception
- □ Confirm details with all vendors
- □ Give the caterer the final head count
- □ Have your final dress and tux fitting
- □ Schedule rehearsal with catering manager for the day before
1 WEEK BEFORE
- □ Place the fees due on the wedding day in envelopes
- □ Appoint a friend to deliver cake knife, server, toasting glasses or other heirloom pieces to catering manager and to collect after the wedding
- □ Pack your bags for the honeymoon.
- □ Reconfirm reservations for hotel reservations and flights for the honeymoon
3 DAYS BEFORE
- □ Meet with caterer
- □ Bring place cards, favors, sand ceremony items, or any other decor you want placed out for the ceremony or reception.
- □ Make final payment for ceremony, food and beverage
THE DAY BEFORE
- □ Greet your out-of-town guests
- □ Go to the gym or spa as a stress-reducing activity
- □ Rehearsal
- □ Rehearsal Dinner
Don’t let yourself get too overwhelmed by the wedding planning process; remember to have fun and allow time to relax, the wedding reception will go by quickly. This is an once-in-a-lifetime event for you and your fiancé. You are allowed to enjoy it!
Whenever you are ready to start planning the beachfront wedding of your dreams, give the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Resort a call at 888.231.2197 (toll free) or 239.659.4309 (local) or email us at email@example.com
. Our wedding specialists are happy to assist you!